This is something you can easily do in about 30 minutes and it’ll set you up for a week’s worth of breakfast for two people.
What you will need:
- Muffin tin
- 1 dozen eggs
- Butter or cooking spray
- 1 dozen sliced English muffins
- Canadian bacon, bacon, or breakfast sausage
- Sliced cheese
What to do:
- Grease each spot in the muffin tin with butter or cooking spray. Crack an egg into each spot; scramble slightly if desired. Bake at 350 degrees until fully cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Cook your breakfast meat of choice while the eggs bake and gather the rest of the ingredients. Arrange as desired for assembly.
- When eggs are done, remove one from the tin and place on bottom slice of English muffin. Top with meat and cheese; replace top slice of muffin. Press down to smash the egg a bit so that it will spread to cover the muffin.
- Place in freezer bags and freeze.
- When ready to eat, wrap sandwich in paper towel and microwave until hot. (Microwaves vary, so it may take more or less than 1 minute.)
Tips & Variations:
- Work quickly when assembling the sandwiches. The more the eggs cool, the more they want to bunch back up after you smash them.
- If your eggs don’t want to smash, try to put something weighted on top of them in the freezer (just use something that’s already in the freezer). You shouldn’t have problems after that.
- You can toast the English muffins prior to assembly if desired.