- Another manicure I saw on Pinterest. I love it! This attempt is a little sloppy, I’ll admit, but it shows how it’s done.
What you will need:
- Light nail polish
- Dark nail polish
- Reinforcement labels (the little round ones for hole punches)
What to do:
1. Paint the entire nail with the light polish.
2. When completely dry, apply the labels to the bottom portion of the nail.
3. Paint the exposed nail above the label with the dark polish.
4. When dry, slowly peel the label off the nail.
5. Apply topcoat and let dry.
Tips & Variations:
- A shimmery gold paired with a deep blue was the original pairing on Pinterest. I liked it, so that’s what I went with. I think a shimmery color beneath a rich, darker color looks gorgeous. I also think a dark color beneath with a lighter one on top would look great, but the lighter one must be opaque enough to cover the darker undercoat at least to a discernible degree.
- You may need to press the labels down around the edges of your nails to make sure you have a good seal.