I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was pretty cool! And as I love to read, it suits me. Luckily, it’s easy enough to do it at home and you don’t have to spend much (if anything) at all!
What you will need:
- Light colored nail polish
- Newspaper cut into pieces slightly larger than your fingernails
- Small dish
- Paper towel
What to do:
- Apply 2 coats of your chosen polish. Make sure your nails are completely dry before proceeding.
- Pour some vodka into the small dish. Dip a piece of newspaper into the alcohol as needed. You’ll probably want to do this one nail at a time.
- Arrange the newspaper pieces onto your nails. Press down firmly. After a few seconds, slowly peel away the newspaper.
- Let dry and apply the topcoat.
Tips & Variations:
- You may want to avoid metallic polishes or those with glitter as they may make your nails too “busy.” Some subtle shine to the polish would work, but all out glitz is probably a bit too much for this look.
- Mix it up by switching the way the text faces (toward you or away from you).
- Watch out for piece of paper sticking to your nails.
- When you apply the topcoat, be careful not to use the end of the brush. Gently glide the side of the brush along the top of the nail. Even then you’ll still need to watch out for smudging.
- Next I want to try this with small pictures printed from my computer. I’m not sure if it will transfer the same, but I’m willing to give it a shot!