This is a great decoration that will last through October and November. You can even spookify it for Halloween and then remove the ghoulish flare to make it Thanksgiving-worthy. It’s super quick, super easy, and looks fantastic as a centerpiece on your table, on the mantle, or on a side table.
What you will need:
- Variety of pumpkins, gourds, leaves, and pinecones (it’s all really up to you–whatever you want to use)
- Bowl or basket
- Empty plastic container or piece of foam that fits in the bottom of the bowl
What to do:
1. Place the plastic container upside down into the bowl, or place the foam into the bowl if that’s what you are using.
2. Lay leaves facing out along the inside of the bowl. It’s great if the tips stick up above the edge, but they don’t have to. Their main purpose is to hide the container/foam.
3. Add pinecones between the leaves. I found it’s easiest to place them with the bottoms against the bowl with the tops pointing inward.
4. Arrange the pumpkins, gourds, leaves, and pinecones as desired. Just play with it and rearrange until you’re satisfied and all of the filler is covered.
Tips & Variations:
- For the filler, the idea is just to use whatever you have on-hand. You could wad up paper towels, use an old rag or t-shirt, socks, whatever.
- You can also do this with Christmas ornaments or Easter eggs.
- Place a candle in the center. Never leave it lit while unattended.